This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching the forum - Useful alternative

I had trouble finding what I was looking for using the forum search feature. Fortunately there is another way to search the forum: use Google

Example: I was using this search string (no quotes): "picacho del diablo"
    Using the forum software I did not find the 2004/2005 threads about our trip down there. So I used this search string in Google (again without quotes):

"picacho del diablo site:www.4wdtrips.net"

Note the second part starting with 'site:' this tells Google to only return results on www.4wdtrips.net.

In this example case it worked perfectly and the threads I was looking for were the top search results.
    At WhiteThaiger.net: Trip Galleries **** OziExplorer related **** Srisuda's Food

Cool.

Smart man ...
    This will be very useful.

Thank you,
    -JACK
    So much to see, so little time. Try using your 4WD to see and do more.
    Tread Lightly! Please, don't use the environment to enjoy your truck.

Comment

I'll have to remember that. Yesterday, I was trying to update a thread on my roof top cargo basket project and couldn't locate it after multiple attempts and searching for all my posts. Had to start a new thread.
      David A. Wright
      Happy Trails to you, until we meet again ~ Roy Rogers and Dale Evans

Comment

Originally posted by David A. Wright View Post
        I'll have to remember that. Yesterday, I was trying to update a thread on my roof top cargo basket project and couldn't locate it after multiple attempts and searching for all my posts. Had to start a new thread.
        Same situation that made me use this feature.

I use this Google feature whenever I don't find something on a site or when a site/forum has an inadequate search function.
        At WhiteThaiger.net: Trip Galleries **** OziExplorer related **** Srisuda's Food

Comment

Working...
        X