Posting photos, I have a Mac.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting photos, I have a Mac.

Hello all, Ok.....I have 20 or so photos on Shutterfly, now I would like to share them with everyone......this is the problem.... can some one tell me the simple way to get them to the forum so the may be viewed? thanks, stay safe, mjmcdowell

Originally posted by michael j mcdowelll View Post
    Hello all, Ok.....I have 20 or so photos on Shutterfly, now I would like to share them with everyone......this is the problem.... can some one tell me the simple way to get them to the forum so the may be viewed? thanks, stay safe, mjmcdowell

I'm not familiar with Shutterfly, but there should be a link that you can post here.
    At WhiteThaiger.net: Trip Galleries **** OziExplorer related **** Srisuda's Food

Comment

To post an image you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.shutterfly.net/my-picture.jpg. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag .
      The pictures url must end in .gif, .jpg,.bmp, etc. These are formats that the forum software recognizes.
      Be sure to reduce the size of large images. Less than 100k file size and less than 640x480 is plenty big for viewing on a post. Link or attach larger images.
      Just some nettiquite , or courtesy for slower connections and bandwidth considerations.

You would post your picture [img ]http://www.shutterfly.net/my-picture.jpg[/img] , no spaces.

Or in your reply toolbar click the "Img" button, paste the address for the pic (ie: http/www.shutterfly.net/mypics/pic.jpg).

If all else fails try creating a link using the [url ] , paste the address.

Or use a link with your text by typing [url =http://shutterfly.net/mypics.htm] My webpage[/url] , again no spaces of course. Images can also be linked in this manner.

You can also attach an image to your post by clicking the [attach] and pasting the url for the image to be uploaded.
      Last edited by HenryJ; 06-18-2007, 04:57PM.
      "Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-mechanic from Mad Max-
      If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
      - BLT Offroad KE7CSK

Comment

Got this working yet?
        Still need help?

I have access to Mac too. I can attach pictures to my post or just link them to pictures stored outside the Forum, like you mentioned.

Thanks,
        -JACK
        So much to see, so little time. Try using your 4WD to see and do more.
        Tread Lightly! Please, don't use the environment to enjoy your truck.

Comment

Photos on Mac

Jack, how do you post using your Mac? Any information would be helpful, I have some good photos of my truck and some close ups of my mods that people might find interisting......I'll get them posted at least I have them in my laptop and out of the camera! stay safe, mjmcdowell

Comment

Wow, it is like my post is invisible. I guess it was of no help. I will try one more time.

I use both Mac an PC here. The Mac is much better for image work.
            I will admit that I have fallen to the conformity of the PC.

If you do not have the images on the internet yet, attach them.

Originally posted by HenryJ
            You can also attach an image to your post by clicking the [attach] and pasting the url for the image to be uploaded.
            Click the [Go Advanced] button so you can see the tools.
            Below the text window click [Manage attachments]
            A window will pop up. At the top click the [browse] button under the list "Upload File from your Computer".
            Select the image to be uploaded from your computer.
            It will show up as a list under "Current Attachments" in that window.
            You can continue to attach images and upload them from your computer, or close that window.
            Now in the post toolbar if you click the [attachments] it will show the image or images listed.
            Click [Preview Post]
            You will see the image/images thumbnails in your post.

Now if everything looks good to you click [Submit Reply] and you're done.

Take some time and give it a try in the test forum. I am sure others will check out the posts and help with any errors that are seen.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by HenryJ; 06-24-2007, 03:18PM.
            "Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-mechanic from Mad Max-
            - BLT Offroad KE7CSK

Comment

My humble apology to HJ

Sorry,Sorry!! your post HJ, was read and my wife and I are going to try to get this going and thanks for the new post also, I'll get it right yet! Oh and by the way check out my post in the mods section, hmmm, wonder where I got the basic idea from? stay safe, mjmcdowell

Comment

Don't worry about an apology. I just want to help if I can. If I am not being clear , please let me know. There are no stupid questions, only stupid people who will not ask questions.

The light will be a valuable addition.

You may want to start an album once you tackle attaching a photo. This forum has a photo gallery available to members.
                First you will have to REGISTER
                Once that is done you can login and create an album
                Once an album is created you can UPLOAD FILE a photo to it.

The upload process will look very similar to the process used to attach a file to a post like I have done above.
                Once uploaded you will select a name for the image and the album in which you want to store it.
                Coppermine is nice in that it creates a thumbnail, web sized image and of course the fullsized image you upload.
                That is an awful lot to digest. Try attaching and then we can walk you through creating a photo album and posting its images.

Good luck. We are here to help. The more you learn , the more we can enjoy your travels.
                - BLT Offroad KE7CSK

Comment

Posting on Mac, HELP!!!.... again

Ok.....where do I find the paperclip "attach" icon on my" iBook"? My wife says once we find the way to attach then mabey we are on our way, Boy... do I feel computer "unabled" (that is a word is it not?) stay safe mjmcdowell

Comment

When you select [Go Advanced] (see below) do you see a tool bar with more options than the quick reply has above the text box?

You should see the toolbar above the text box and smilies to the right.
                    - BLT Offroad KE7CSK

Comment

I am trying it on my powermac and using Netscape 7.0
                      The quick reply window is there. You can scroll down and click the [Go Advanced] or, I clicked the [Post Reply] button below to get to the text window.
                      I do have the advanced toolbar above and the sixth tool from the left is the little paper clip image. Clicking it brings up another window in which I can select the image stored on my hard drive.
                      Once that location is selected, I click the [Upload] button and the image is uploaded to be attached.
                      I can then close the upload window.
                      Now I click [Preview Post] below this window.

This confirms the thumbnail has indeed been attached.

Now I can click [Submit Reply] and the post is complete.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by HenryJ; 06-25-2007, 03:21PM.
                      - BLT Offroad KE7CSK

Comment

test attachment
                        Attached Files
                        At WhiteThaiger.net: Trip Galleries **** OziExplorer related **** Srisuda's Food

Comment

Attached is the movie on how I created the post above. Hope it helps to see some of the things in action that HenryJ is trying to describe.

Edit: Oops, Forum doesn't allow me to attach an avi file so get it from here for now
                          Last edited by WhiteThaiGer; 06-25-2007, 03:39PM.

Comment

Hello,

I just use the

Go Advance

bellow the window you type your post

then use

Manage Attachments

You can add 10 pictures at the time.

It works perfectly with Windows, MacOsX, and Linux.

No need to publish photos in other places then link them back.
                            I hope this help.
                            -JACK
                            Last edited by JackSilb; 09-18-2007, 09:07PM.
                            So much to see, so little time. Try using your 4WD to see and do more.
                            Tread Lightly! Please, don't use the environment to enjoy your truck.

Comment

Working...
                            X