Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any question using the Forum?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any question using the Forum?

    Hello,

    I hope I will not offend anyone with this question.

    Do you need any help using the Forum? Posting pictures, links, using the photo gallery?

    We can help. Just post your questions here.

    Thanks,
    -JACK
    So much to see, so little time. Try using your 4WD to see and do more.
    Tread Lightly! Please, don't use the environment to enjoy your truck.

  • #2
    Well I can not upload pictures, I can see the files, but no uploads??!!
    97' Lexus LX-450( Mall Cruiser...noT)Goodyear DURATRAC 285/75/16" Hella HID Compact SPOT, 20" LED Light Bar CREE, Odyssey Battery, 2.5" Old Man Emu Medium Suspension, ARB Roof Rack Half Size,Safari Snorkel, ARB Front Bumper,Camping Lab Awning, Warn 8000 Winch.

    97' Venturcraft Trailblazer Camper,Lexus LX-450 wheels, 32"-9.5"-16" Hankook Dynapro M/T.Honda Generator.

    http://lexusallterrain.smugmug.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by eurorom
      Well I can not upload pictures, I can see the files, but no uploads??!!
      Where are you trying to upload to? As attachments to a post or to the photo gallery?

      Where are you uploading from? Your computer or an URL?

      For attachments from your computer use the "Attachment Manager" button on the edit screen when you edit your post. Use the "Browse" button to select the file on your computer and then click the "Upload" button in the same box as the "Browse" buttons.
      At WhiteThaiger.net: Trip Galleries **** OziExplorer related **** Srisuda's Food



      Comment


      • #4
        I am trying to upload from my computer.
        I am trying to upload as attachments, and I can see the files or attachments in there however I do not see the pictures?
        97' Lexus LX-450( Mall Cruiser...noT)Goodyear DURATRAC 285/75/16" Hella HID Compact SPOT, 20" LED Light Bar CREE, Odyssey Battery, 2.5" Old Man Emu Medium Suspension, ARB Roof Rack Half Size,Safari Snorkel, ARB Front Bumper,Camping Lab Awning, Warn 8000 Winch.

        97' Venturcraft Trailblazer Camper,Lexus LX-450 wheels, 32"-9.5"-16" Hankook Dynapro M/T.Honda Generator.

        http://lexusallterrain.smugmug.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Twice, Jack, when trying to "Preview Post" before posting, the system dumps what I've written off into cyber-space. When I hit the 'back' button in an effort to recover the material I just get a blank "post reply" page.

          So, for me, I'll do all of my writing off-line and paste to the web.

          Allen R (the 'R' is pronounced ARRRRRRRRHHHHHHH! :) )
          "I've beaten the odds. I can afford to take chances." —Theodore Roosevelt
          "No one shall speak to the Man at the Helm." —Lewis Carroll

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by eurorom
            I am trying to upload from my computer.
            I am trying to upload as attachments, and I can see the files or attachments in there however I do not see the pictures?
            Hm, strange. Where is 'in there'? When I click the Upload button the file name vanishes from the field next to the browse button and I get a list of attached files further below (see the 2 attached pics). I don't see the pictures in preview.

            Which Browser are you using? This works for me for InternetExplorer and FireFox.
            Attached Files
            At WhiteThaiger.net: Trip Galleries **** OziExplorer related **** Srisuda's Food



            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by flywgn
              Twice, Jack, when trying to "Preview Post" before posting, the system dumps what I've written off into cyber-space. When I hit the 'back' button in an effort to recover the material I just get a blank "post reply" page.

              So, for me, I'll do all of my writing off-line and paste to the web.

              Allen R (the 'R' is pronounced ARRRRRRRRHHHHHHH! :) )
              Allen, I know how that feels. So like Chris said in the other thread, I always select all text, do a Ctrl+C and then do the Preview or Submit. If things go wrong I can come back and just do a Ctrl+V in the text field and everything is there.

              BTW, I don't limit this habit to this forum, I do it anywhere where I enter text online that I do not want to retype.
              At WhiteThaiger.net: Trip Galleries **** OziExplorer related **** Srisuda's Food



              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks WT,

                I do know that procedure but tend to get in a hurry and skip it. I'll try to make it a habit.

                Just a minute ago I tried to post a reply to the "Baja trip..." thread and met the same problem. Tried the Ctrl V and re-post a couple of times and then went to to the "Quick Reply" and was successful, except it won't let you put smilies in

                Also, since the Ctrl C and Ctrl V work, why doesn't the Ctrl S work for Select All when writing text? Is this just an idiosyncracy of the software?

                Allen R
                "I've beaten the odds. I can afford to take chances." —Theodore Roosevelt
                "No one shall speak to the Man at the Helm." —Lewis Carroll

                Comment


                • #9
                  Making the copy/paste a habit, i.e., ever even think about doing it, just doing it, is the way to go.

                  I think Ctrl-S doesn't work since it's used for Saving. Ctrl-A is for selecting All (and works for me in the posts). At least that's the convention in Windows, don't know about Mac's and Linux.

                  Don't know about those Quote problems. Maybe Jack can investigate if he has some time. Certainly let us know if it happens more often.

                  Originally posted by flywgn
                  Thanks WT,

                  I do know that procedure but tend to get in a hurry and skip it. I'll try to make it a habit.

                  Just a minute ago I tried to post a reply to the "Baja trip..." thread and met the same problem. Tried the Ctrl V and re-post a couple of times and then went to to the "Quick Reply" and was successful, except it won't let you put smilies in

                  Also, since the Ctrl C and Ctrl V work, why doesn't the Ctrl S work for Select All when writing text? Is this just an idiosyncracy of the software?

                  Allen R
                  At WhiteThaiger.net: Trip Galleries **** OziExplorer related **** Srisuda's Food



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by WhiteThaiGer
                    BTW, I don't limit this habit to this forum, I do it anywhere where I enter text online that I do not want to retype.
                    Great point WT. I agree and do the same. I sometimes have the same problem on other forums, and even on the Yahoo Mail site.
                    BAJATACO.COM
                    Toyota light expedition vehicle
                    Adventure reports
                    Lots of Photos

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by WhiteThaiGer
                      Hm, strange. Where is 'in there'? When I click the Upload button the file name vanishes from the field next to the browse button and I get a list of attached files further below (see the 2 attached pics). I don't see the pictures in preview.

                      Which Browser are you using? This works for me for InternetExplorer and FireFox.
                      Thank you working now, as for my browser, i am using internetexplorer
                      97' Lexus LX-450( Mall Cruiser...noT)Goodyear DURATRAC 285/75/16" Hella HID Compact SPOT, 20" LED Light Bar CREE, Odyssey Battery, 2.5" Old Man Emu Medium Suspension, ARB Roof Rack Half Size,Safari Snorkel, ARB Front Bumper,Camping Lab Awning, Warn 8000 Winch.

                      97' Venturcraft Trailblazer Camper,Lexus LX-450 wheels, 32"-9.5"-16" Hankook Dynapro M/T.Honda Generator.

                      http://lexusallterrain.smugmug.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ouch!

                        Sorry about that.
                        I am wondering if others are seeing this. I never use the preview. I post than I correct.
                        On long posts, I use the "highlight" + Ctr-C to copy the text just in case.

                        -JACK

                        Originally posted by flywgn
                        Twice, Jack, when trying to "Preview Post" before posting, the system dumps what I've written off into cyber-space. When I hit the 'back' button in an effort to recover the material I just get a blank "post reply" page.

                        So, for me, I'll do all of my writing off-line and paste to the web.

                        Allen R (the 'R' is pronounced ARRRRRRRRHHHHHHH! :) )
                        So much to see, so little time. Try using your 4WD to see and do more.
                        Tread Lightly! Please, don't use the environment to enjoy your truck.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X