This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlinks in posts How-To

Edit - Need an update for the new Forum.
    -------
    The question on how to put a link in a post came up again, so I made a couple of little tutorial movies for the most commonly used hyperlink version.

The first is in Internet Explorer with the WYSIWYG interface and the second was done in FireFox using mCode.

Note: The movies should run on recent MS Windows operating systems

http://www.confluence.org
    http://www.usgo.org
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JackSilb; 01-21-2006, 09:36PM.
    At WhiteThaiger.net: Trip Galleries **** OziExplorer related **** Srisuda's Food

Thanks for doing this Uwe...I read ther entire Help section and couldn't find anything on how to post links...you would think I would know how by now...but anyway...I watched the firefox clip several times...that's exactly what I was experimenting with yesterday...so I'll try one here with Vagabundos website (no particular reason...just had to choose something) In the clip, I see you added an '=' before typing the address.

Well, I though that was it. Does it not 'light up' right away? Maybe only after you post it...hmmm...i bet I did something wrong again...well, I'll post this and see what happens...or go back and watch the clips again

1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 31" BFG AT's, Flippac convertible camper shell, cargo bed built-in seats/cabinets,Deaver rear 10 pack leafsprings, Donahoe front 2.5" coilovers, Stubbs Sliders, ARB Bullbar, Hella 550 Fogs, rear frame reinforcement, custom top rack, 2rear bumper swingout gas can carriers, sway bar disconnects, CB& 2m radio, Optima Redtop, Concorde LifelineAGM auxillary battery, 52 qt Coolmatic frig/freeze...that's enough...reminds me of all the money I've spent :-)
    '98 Xcab Taco 4x4 with Flippac, Deavers, Donahoes, Stubbs Sliders, ARB bumper/Warn M8000 winch, Coolmatic 50L fridge, CB & 2M radios
    www.bajataco.com/vikingvince/Vince_FlipPac/index.htm

Comment

Well...back to watching the clip...LOL...nothing showed up...how can I be so incompetent at a simple little thing? AGHHHHHH!!!

1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 31" BFG AT's, Flippac convertible camper shell, cargo bed built-in seats/cabinets,Deaver rear 10 pack leafsprings, Donahoe front 2.5" coilovers, Stubbs Sliders, ARB Bullbar, Hella 550 Fogs, rear frame reinforcement, custom top rack, 2rear bumper swingout gas can carriers, sway bar disconnects, CB& 2m radio, Optima Redtop, Concorde LifelineAGM auxillary battery, 52 qt Coolmatic frig/freeze...that's enough...reminds me of all the money I've spent :-)
      '98 Xcab Taco 4x4 with Flippac, Deavers, Donahoes, Stubbs Sliders, ARB bumper/Warn M8000 winch, Coolmatic 50L fridge, CB & 2M radios

Comment

okay...I watched the clip several more times...here goes again

Vagabundos Del Mar website

let's see if that did it

Comment

well, I got something to work...but I wanted the actual address to show up...let me try this

www.vagabundos.com

Comment

amazing...I got it...THANKS UWE....I would have never figured out that combination on my own.

Comment

might as well press my luck and try an emoticon...can't do those either

http://www.4wdtrips.net/forum/emoticons/bounce2.gif
              bounce2

Comment

Vince, let's stick to the easy stuff for now and just insert an emoticon from the list (you can also insert other images from elsewhere on the web into to your post...)

So the easiest case is shown in the attached movie. Note that you will only see 'code' and not the actual emoticon unless you have Internet explorer until the post is active or in preview when you submit.

There is an issue with this inserting: If you move your insert pointer back up in the text of a post and then click on an emoticon it (the code) may show up at the end of the post. In that case you can just cut and past the code to where you want it.

Hope this helps....

http://www.confluence.org
                http://www.usgo.org
                Attached Files
                At WhiteThaiger.net: Trip Galleries **** OziExplorer related **** Srisuda's Food

Comment

Uwe...go ahead and delete these practice posts...I'm gonna keep trying the emoticon

[img=] [img]/forum/emoticons/bounce2.gif[/img] [/img]

[quote][img]/forum/emoticons/bounce2.gif[/img]</CODE>
                  [/code] [img]/forum/emoticons/banghead.gif[/img] [code]

1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 31" BFG AT's, Flippac convertible camper shell, cargo bed built-in seats/cabinets,Deaver rear 10 pack leafsprings, Donahoe front 2.5" coilovers, Stubbs Sliders, ARB Bullbar, Hella 550 Fogs, rear frame reinforcement, custom top rack, 2rear bumper swingout gas can carriers, sway bar disconnects, CB&amp; 2m radio, Optima Redtop, Concorde LifelineAGM auxillary battery, 52 qt Coolmatic frig/freeze...that's enough...reminds me of all the money I've spent :-)

Comment

okay...well I got some in there but don't want that other stuff...from you clip, looks like you just click on it...simple enough...let's see [img]/forum/emoticons/bounce2.gif[/img]

1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 31" BFG AT's, Flippac convertible camper shell, cargo bed built-in seats/cabinets,Deaver rear 10 pack leafsprings, Donahoe front 2.5" coilovers, Stubbs Sliders, ARB Bullbar, Hella 550 Fogs, rear frame reinforcement, custom top rack, 2rear bumper swingout gas can carriers, sway bar disconnects, CB&amp; 2m radio, Optima Redtop, Concorde LifelineAGM auxillary battery, 52 qt Coolmatic frig/freeze...that's enough...reminds me of all the money I've spent :-)

Comment

that is so simple...now I wanna get down the quote thing [img]/forum/emoticons/beertoast.gif[/img]

hmmm...am reading mCode Help...
                      The question on how to put a link in a post came up again, so I made a couple of little tutorial movies for the most commonly used hyperlink version.

WhiteThaiGer said...
                      [code]

Comment

that was close...try again

WhiteThaiGer said...
                        Now how do I get Uwe's words in here...tried click and drag...had problems with that...this isnot what Uwe said

Comment

well, that's the idea...now to get your actual words in there...

WhiteThaiGer said...

The first is in Internet Explorer with the WYSIWYG interface and the second was done in FireFox using mCode.

Note: The movies should run on recent MS Windows operating systems
                          that might do it [img]/forum/emoticons/hop.gif[/img] [img]/forum/emoticons/hop.gif[/img]

Comment

YEAH!!!!..I got it...oh for the simple pleasure...when you're computer challenged

WhiteThaiGer said...

Vince, let's stick to the easy stuff for now and just insert an emoticon from the list (you can
                            enough school for today [img]/forum/emoticons/banghead.gif[/img]

thanks UWE [img]/forum/emoticons/beertoast.gif[/img]

Comment

Vince, thanks for the entertainment.

I'm lost, but I'm making good time. (Yogi Berra)
                              I'm lost, but I'm making good time.
                              BX

Beer is good food. Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. Beer is the reason I get up every afternoon. Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy. Beer is water that has reached it's full potential.

Comment

Working...
                              X