4WDTrips just appeared again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WDTrips just appeared again!

Every once in awhile, I type 4wdtrips.net into my browser address bar, and hit enter to see what happens.

For the longest time, it was an error saying the site can't be found. Today, it popped back up!

Where's Jack? No longer in San Diego?

Am I the only one who still checks this forum?
    Mitch

I plead the 2nd!

Originally posted by 4RUNAMOK View Post
    Every once in awhile, I type 4wdtrips.net into my browser address bar, and hit enter to see what happens.

For the longest time, it was an error saying the site can't be found. Today, it popped back up!

I do too. It's Alive!.....
    1988 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4 V6 Auto
    4 wheels are taking me farther than 18 ever could!

.......still Praying for Toyota diesel!

Treat others on the trail.....like you would want to be treated!..........

"Hey, life aint always beautiful, but its a beautiful ride."

"Here's to wonder and runnin'....in the San Juan Mtns. of Colorado!" ~"SWR"

Comment

I thought this site was long gone, also. I tried for the first time in a couple years and found it today. From the looks of things, it don’t get much use.
      David A. Wright
      Happy Trails to you, until we meet again ~ Roy Rogers and Dale Evans

Comment

Cool it is still around :)
        "Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-mechanic from Mad Max-
        If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
        - BLT Offroad KE7CSK

Comment

I came onto the site today for the first time in a LONG time. Some of the last posts in threads are from 10-13 years ago!!
          But here it is!! :-)
          '98 Xcab Taco 4x4 with Flippac, Deavers, Donahoes, Stubbs Sliders, ARB bumper/Warn M8000 winch, Coolmatic 50L fridge, CB & 2M radios
          www.bajataco.com/vikingvince/Vince_FlipPac/index.htm

Comment

Still around also even though I don't come here that often these days. Good to see other's are also still here.
            Focus for the last few years has been hiking some 300-400 miles a year, incl. some cool backpacking in the Sierra.
            At WhiteThaiger.net: Trip Galleries **** OziExplorer related **** Srisuda's Food

Comment

Originally posted by 4RUNAMOK View Post

He's still around, actually going to do a little forum update this weekend. I'm sure he'll chime in after it.
              I also replied here.
              At WhiteThaiger.net: Trip Galleries **** OziExplorer related **** Srisuda's Food

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteThaiGer View Post

He's still around, actually going to do a little forum update this weekend. I'm sure he'll chime in after it.
                I also replied here.
                Hey

Look who is back after several years.
                So much to see, so little time. Try using your 4WD to see and do more.
                Tread Lightly! Please, don't use the environment to enjoy your truck.

Comment

Fellows, it is so good to hear about you.

We need to catch-up, too much to write here specially after these last two days getting all that has to do with the Forum upgraded.
                  As Uwe said, how about a Zoom meeting Sunday 10Jan20? 9:00 AM Pacific time?

Back to the Forum, we have the latest on the OS and vBullentin.
                  Besides the latest Linux distribution and https enabled, the forum should be more secure if the services vBulletin connects to works for spam control as advertised.

I confess the forum looks retro compared to Discord and Slack. Maybe cool to use something retro.
                  It seems we have not lost data yet. I did not have a chance to check it all.

Take care, stay safe.

I hope to see/talk to you soon.
                  -Jack

p.s. I still need to configure the e-mail notifications ...

Last edited by JackSilb; 12-27-2020, 10:57PM.

Comment

e-mail notifications may be working already.
                    As you manage time, take the Forum for a spin, we will figure out what is not working soon enough.

Thanks,
                    -Jack

Comment

Wow...thought this forum was gone forever, but got an email notice today, and thought I'd check it out! I'm so far away from offroad adventures these days, but I do remember fondly many of the people I met while I was in So Cal, and going out exploring every now and then. --Roy
                      Roy J.

Comment

David A. Wright I still have all your site content saved. I will bring back alive soon. I am getting ready for my class that starts next week.
                        Hang in there.

Thanks,
                        -Jack

Comment

Originally posted by JackSilb View Post
                          David A. Wright I still have all your site content saved. I will bring back alive soon. I am getting ready for my class that starts next week.
                          Hang in there.

Thanks,
                          -Jack
                          Thank you, Jack. I’ve had a lot of people ask about the disappearance, and a couple years ago I inquired here; but heard nothing and figured it was gone for good. It’s all old info now, but maybe there’s something for someone.

Yesterday I tried to update my info but when I’d try to save I’d get error messages and gave up after I got a message that I was not allowed to view my profile page and it crashed the page. Might have been something to do with your recent changes, so will try again.

EDIT: I tried again and it went through just fine.
                          Last edited by David A. Wright; 01-02-2021, 06:07PM.
                          David A. Wright
                          Happy Trails to you, until we meet again ~ Roy Rogers and Dale Evans

Comment

Just posted a notice of a campout, and exploration of the ElPaso Mtns, and Perhaps....Last Chance Cyn/Red Rock State park near Randsburg !

Comment

This is crazy! So many life changes since I've last visited here. For some reason I've been thinking about checking in lately and lo and behold I'm not the only one. So cool to see some familiar names again. Hope each and everyone of you guys have been doing well.

Comment

Working...
                              X