Tex Mex Chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackSilb View Post
    Time to test these, then we report based on data.

-JACK
    So how did it turn out.

Comment

BY GOLLY, IT IS TIME TO HEAR A REPORT!

Jack???

Comment

Boy, time flies by so quick and no trips to report on tests.
        I even have some people trying to buy the trucks. They see they are not in use.
        The family is making some pressure too.
        I was told "sell these so WE can get a new truck for you". Yeah right, once the price tag for a new truck is known I don't think I will get anything ...

-JACK
        So much to see, so little time. Try using your 4WD to see and do more.
        Tread Lightly! Please, don't use the environment to enjoy your truck.

Comment

It's good to see you here again Jack!

I know you've been busy with Eric, and that's more important than testing chili recipes

...but if the family is also offering to upgrade the rigs, that sounds like an opportunity to!

Comment

I think Jack needs the gift of time instead of another truck he won't have time to use (at least out on the backroads)!

I know about that. I have lots of gadgets for various hobbies and even in retirement I can't seem to find the time to use them or finish all the half-finished or unstarted projects I've bought parts for. If I was completely rational, I'd be seriously considering how to get rid of some. But acquiring "things" is a disease I have. If I wasn't watching the expenditures closer now, I'd be buying still more stuff for projects that look interesting.
            Alan

Comment

Yeah retirement is not all fun and games.
              I too have the "collection" syndrome, and have a new Fiat 500 to play with,
              two horses that need riding more,
              and a new bunch of wood working stuff that I have just begun to try to understand and use.

I have built some new cabinets for the new tools, a new stand for my endurance saddle,
              a mantle and fireplace surround for a friend, and am contemplating new cabinets for the kitchen.
              THAT, will take some doing, as I have to convince "The Keeper Of The Coins Of The Realm"!!
              SHE says I have too many tools, and we all know that is NOT possible!! LOL!

I also snuck in some new air tools, and have to learn the ins and outs of using them.
              There is the planting of the vegetables, the flowers, and of course the mowing of lawns,
              the disposal of LOTS f horse manure, the cleaning of all three trailers and 4 vehicles.
              Then there is the house work, since I am now a "House Husband". I already do the cooking,
              so I may HAVE to make your chili!
              Do you make corn bread with your chili, or tortillas and salad?
              Ooops have to go make some effort to wash the dinner dishes, and then I can have
              a nice "Tall One", so with that, I'll say;
              Adios Amigos

Comment

Retirement? = lots of free time.

You work more but don't get paid for it.

Allen R
                "I've beaten the odds. I can afford to take chances." —Theodore Roosevelt
                "No one shall speak to the Man at the Helm." —Lewis Carroll

Comment

Before when I worked full-time I would get tired, now that I'm retired I'm just that sometimes........re-tired.

Thanks,
                  Fred
                  Explorer 1
                  sigpic1990 Jeep Cherokee a constant work in progress.............

Comment

I'm still wondering how the chili turned out, been checking once every few months for 8 years now.

Comment

-JACK
                      Wow! That is a loooooooooooooong term test indeed!

Comment

I'm sure the chili needed time to season. Patience!

Allen R.
                        "I've beaten the odds. I can afford to take chances." —Theodore Roosevelt
                        "No one shall speak to the Man at the Helm." —Lewis Carroll

Comment

Mine came out good.
                          Attached Files

Comment

MMMMMM... Chili on a cold night!!
                            With extra cheese and corn.
                            Chili is a staple of off road campouts, and can really put some lead in your pencil.

Comment

-JACK

Time for the yearly update Jack, how was the chili?

Comment

Working...
                              X